In 1914 a German singing society built this hall on land donated by the Lux and Kinkler families. It was built for the purpose of a gathering place for plays, concerts, dancing and the likes. In 1944, the Sealy Volunteer Fireman’s Association purchased the Liedertafel for the annual Fireman’s Frolic and other local social affairs. The building became known as the Firemen’s Hall. In June 1945 the new “Firemen’s Hall” opened with a celebration, The Houston Post reported 5,000 attendees at the “Fireman’s Frolic.” The firemen donated the hall to the Sealy Historical Society in 1995 when renovations began. Historical Marker approved 2001. Designated Recorded Texas Historic Landmark. 207 Main Street, at the corner of Main and Fowlkes in Sealy. Currently leased and operated by the City of Sealy. For information call the City of Sealy at 979-885-3511 or visit City of Sealy.