Concordia Hall – Bellville
Bellville, TX 77418 United States 979-885-8601 http://www.bellvillelions.org
The Bellville Concordia singing society was organized in the home of Fritz Schlecht, at Piney in 1860. The name was adopted in 1938. Original members were Fritz Brandes, Heinrich and Gustav Koch, Joseph and Theo Menke, Herman Mueller, Fritz Schultz, and director Emil Koch. The original hall was built in 1877 but wrecked by 1900 storm, and was moved to this location on land given by Henry Strauss and rebuilt the same year.
In 1996 the Bellville Lions Club purchased Concordia Hall and completed a restoration in 1999. Today, it is home to meetings and other events of the Bellville Lions Club and many local gatherings including the annual Fruehling Saengerfest each fourth Sunday in April. The hall is available for rent to the public for all types of gatherings.
- There were no results found.