In 1914 a German singing society built this hall on land donated by the Lux and Kinkler families. It was built for the purpose of a gathering place for plays, concerts, dancing and the likes. In 1944, the Sealy Volunteer Fireman’s Association purchased the Liedertafel for the annual Fireman’s Frolic and other local social affairs. The building became known as the Firemen’s Hall. In June 1945 the new “Firemen’s Hall” opened with a celebration, The Houston Post reported 5,000 attendees at the “Fireman’s Frolic.” The firemen donated the hall to the Sealy Historical Society in 1995 and renovations began that year. Currently leased and operated by the City of Sealy.
The Liedertafel is located at 116 Lux Road, which is far west Main Street in Sealy.